Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Charles Ray Lyon

On Thursday June 19 at 8:00 pm, 2 weeks before we expected the arrival of LBC (Little Baby Charlie), I started having contractions...this couldn't be it could it? Friday was my last day of work and I had the whole next week to prepare! Not exactly how I had imagined it...my bag wasn't packed and the nursery not completely ready, but ready or not Charlie was on his way! After calls to family, several folks from Texas jumped on a flight to San Francisco. I thought that Charlie would be here by the time they arrived on Friday evening, but he took his time : ) On Sunday June 22nd at 12:06 PM Charles Ray Lyon was born (just 30 minutes after Andy's sister had to catch her flight back to Texas)...sorry Meagan!!!...I was trying really hard to get him here in time! It was by far the most wonderful and surreal experience in my entire life.



Charles (named after my grandmother Charlene Kraemer) Ray (after Andy's grandad Ray Nunn) weighed in at 7 pounds 6 oz and measured 21 inches long with sandy blonde hair. My beautiful baby Charlie!!!



Thank you to everyone for your calls, emails and text messages! We feel blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. We wanted to share with you Charlie's arrival and his first several days here in San Francisco. ******************************************************************************
Charlie's Nursery

Family hangin out in San Fran as they wait for Charlie (left)
The view from my labor & delivery room! (right)


Charlie is here! (left)
Charlie sets his eyes on daddy for the 1st time! (right)


Daddy changes his 1st diaper. (left)
Papa Joe holds Charlie (middle)


Mama holds baby Charlie : )


Going home from the Hospital!


Charlie had a nice trip home. (only about 5 blocks from the hospital!)


The 1st couple of days we are adjusting to the life of new parents. We couldn't be happier! In between feedings and diaper changes (don't forget to take cover while the diaper is off...we can't seem to master not getting pee'd on) we have had some playtime and Charlie is the sweetest little baby.


All this playin calls for Charlie's 1st sponge bath. Wow! Who knew it takes 3 people to bath a tiny little newborn...thanks Marm for your help : ) Now he is all clean and ready for day 4 of his life!

6 comments:

celogomama said...

FANTASTIC JOB, MAMA NICOLE!
Charlie is one handsome little Lyon!
We are just so very, very happy for you!
Your adoration of your baby boy is so beautifully magnificent!

Andy- you have that perfect fatherhood look going ;)

Grandmothering looks sooooo sweet on Marme!

Wow, wow, WOW! Thanks for making the story and photos available.

Hugs,
Cousin Steph in TX

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, LITTLE BABY CHARLIE RAY!
What wonderful pics... I can't wait to meet him, hold him and kiss his sweet baby head!
Andy & Nicole, I love you both and am joyous for you and all the famiree! ;>
Oh, and remember: *shield with a wipee when you changa da diapee*!!
much love,
natalie jayne

Neighbor Kevin said...

Aw....
What a little darling...
Can't wait to meet the little guy.
And just think...as soon as he turns 18 he can STOOP!
Nicole, you look beautiful...
and Andy, the additional gray hair blends right in.

Love to all,
Neighbor Kevin

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lyon Family! Charlie is a beautiful addition to your famiy. I cant wait to meet him! He just looks perfect!
Nicole you look fabulous - you have the glow!
Love You Guys!! Megan

Unknown said...

Charlie looks so perfect, what a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations Nicole & Andy, I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see him. Take care and enjoy him, they grow up quickly.
Love ya
Tara & Rich

auntiemarm said...

What is the stink-eye about,LBC. Are you practicing for when you are 15? I am making an "auntiemarm.blogspot" so that I can let you know what goes on in the land of your ancestors!!!! I think that I need your Mama's help tho....She is much smarter than me and has tons of patience too! What great parents you were born to! Hope 2 c u soon LBC!!!
LUV U ALL
Marm